Sammy and the Snow Leopard (2015, 2017)
About the show
Sammy is 9 years old and likes animals. No...he LOVES animals. The problem is his Mum won't let him have any pets. But when his best friend Hokey Pokey tells him about the 'Adopt a Snow Leopard' programme, Sammy reckons he's found a way to have a pet that doesn't actually come to the house. Perfect! But then Sammy gets an unexpected gift – and finds himself on an adventure that quickly spirals out of control…
In 2015 Travelling Light supported emerging writer/performer Brad McCormick to create Sammy & the Snow Leopard. Brad developed a quirky way of making solo theatre that involves everyone in the audience in mass role-playing. The show had a short pilot tour in March 2015 when audiences were overwhelming in their praise for it. We remounted the show in 2017 for a national tour that delighted audiences of 5+.
- It was cool, amazing and epic
- I would recommend this show for people who enjoy funny things
- I thought it was a very good show because it is hard to be lots of people and he did very well
…and adults enjoyed it just as much:
- Hilarious! I loved the multi-role and the limes!
- It was brilliant. The slow-motion bit really made us laugh!
- Very good & original – thoroughly enjoyed!
Meet the cast
The creative team
Teachers Education Resource Pack
If you are hosting this show at your school, we've prepared a handy education resource pack for you to download here.