Jobs & Opportunities
Join our team!
We are currently recruiting for a range of roles in our team of Participation Facilitators, Assistants and the new role of Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator.
Our Participation department run four weekly youth theatre groups, two theatre groups for young people with additional needs, monthly theatre trips, outreach sessions and our Creative Learning programme working with schools, colleges and universities. Our Youth Theatre is open to everyone and provides a safe space for participants to express themselves each week. T-Lights after-school drama sessions take place in schools and participants have an opportunity to develop their performance skills.
Being part of Travelling Light Youth Theatre participants will:
- Create their own work. We are a devising company which means we shape the stories we tell together.
- Perform their work to family and friends at locations around Bristol.
- Experience working with professional directors, designers and choreographers.
- Connect with friends, discover new skills and have fun!
T-Lights is a satellite version of our Youth Theatre which takes place in school. During sessions participants have the opportunity to develop their drama and performance skills and work towards a termly sharing of their work. Sessions take place after school and follow the school’s term dates.
For more information on our Participation programme visit the Take Part pages of this website.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Participation Facilitators – Youth Theatre 7-10s & T-lights.
Participation Assistants – various roles available with Youth Theatre and T-Lights.
Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator – new role.
Applications for these roles are now open and the deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 4 June 2018.
Interviews will take place on: Monday 18 June and Tuesday 19 June 2018.
Download the job description, person specification and application form for each post below.
- Participation Facilitator Job Description
- Participation Facilitator Person Specification
- Participation Facilitator Application Form
- Participation Assistant Job Description
- Participation Assistant Person Specification
- Participation Assistant Application Form
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Job Description
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Person Specification
- Louder Than Words Assistant Facilitator Application Form
About Travelling Light:
Travelling Light makes professional high quality theatre for and with young people. Alongside our programme of professional productions, we run weekly youth theatre groups, monthly theatre trips and outreach sessions working with a range of community organisations. Our Creative Learning programme provides engaging activities working with schools, colleges and universities where students can grow in confidence and creativity; as well as supporting their curriculum work. Our Participation Programme provides a safe space where participants can be themselves, meet new people, try out ideas and learn skills in drama. All members of Travelling Light’s Participation Team are invaluable in ensuring every participant has a high quality, safe experience with us every week.
Travelling Light are committed to equality of opportunity and encouraging, valuing and respecting diversity. We welcome applications from people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us with our work. Visit the Volunteer page to learn more.